Are you looking for a healthy and natural way to burn more fat and calories from your body? HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training is also called as High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise. It is a form of cardiovascular exercise strategy efficient to improve your fitness level.
HIIT workouts improve the stamina and glucose metabolism of the athletes thus enhancing their capacity to the maximum. When compared to other regimens, HIIT would be quite effective for treating obesity and hyperlipidemia, to improve the muscle and bone mass.
According to recent research, HIIT regimens produce a significant reduction in the fat mass in the whole body. Usually, HIIT requires an extremely higher level of subject motivation to tolerate extreme exercise regimens.
Cardiovascular exercise strategy surely alternates the short period of intense anaerobic exercises producing less intense recovery period. HIIT Exercises are high result-oriented that enhances low-intensity activity until more exhausted to continue.
No universal HIIT session or duration are conducted, but these intense workouts could last up to 30 minutes. Most fitness trainers also recommend choosing HIIT for the athletes for increasing their stamina.
What is HIIT Workout?
HIIT is the training idea that improves the energy systems for attaining the maximum endurance in the body. HIIT methodology includes the low to moderate intensity intervals that alternate the higher intensity intervals. The fitness industry is buzzing with the potential to easily torch the maximum calories in a short period. The main idea of the HIIT is to do all-out work in the short periods with taking active rest for making the bodywork harder than during steady-state cardio. HIIT exercises are mainly involved with running or squatting.
HIIT burns the adipose tissue up to 50% more effectively when compared to low-intensity exercise. HIIT speeds up the metabolism rate in the body and helps to burn the calories all throughout the day. HIIT exercises normally increase the Aerobic and Anaerobic energy system with burning more calories than the normal exercises. When compared to the normal cardio exercises, the HIIT is considered as much more effective as intensity is higher.
Best HIIT Workouts
When you set your goal of cutting or bulking or improving your aerobic and anaerobic endurance, Diet is the most important set to achieve and manipulate the calories as well as macronutrient ratios.
General Warm-Up Routine Exercises
Warm-up exercises are most important for increasing the energy in the body and here is the below exercises you can follow regularly.
- Touch Toes – 15 Reps – Touch toes quickly and come right back up (Repeat 15 Reps)
- Lunges – 10 reps or legs
- Side Lunges – 10 reps each direction
- Butt Kicks – 25 yards
- High Knees – 25 yards
- Arm Circles – 20 reps
- Trunk Twists – 20 reps
- Side Bends – 20 reps
- 30 Seconds Jog
- Rest for 30 seconds
- Repeat the process 4 more times
- 30 Seconds Sprint
- Rest for 30 seconds
- Repeat the process 4 more times
Aerobic Energy System:
Aerobic is called as “with oxygen.” During a prolonged exercise Aerobic Energy System will be utilized over a period for at least 3 to 4 minutes. When there is enough oxygen present in the body to provide the energy, the person will not experience much fatigue. This is the main reason for many fields and track athletes would train for acquiring the higher altitudes.
Training at high altitudes would increase the number of Red Blood Cells that are helpful for performing a longer period of time and reduces fatigue throughout the sessions.
Anaerobic Energy System:
Anaerobic is “without oxygen.” Normally, the Anaerobic Energy System offers energy all through the body for up to 1 minute. Phosphate pool is used up for first 10-15 seconds then the Glycolysis and Lactic Acid will be involved in the remaining effort. A small amount of lactic acid produced during 10 to 15-second bursts. For 30 seconds to a minute, recovery of Adenosine Triphosphate-Creatine Phosphate (ATP-CP) system will be made. A large amount of Lactic Acids is produced when taxing on the muscles and Central Nervous System.
Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is a training idea that describes the workouts that alternate the fixed periods of less-intense activity and intense bursts of activity or complete rest.
For example, the Starter workout for the HIIT is running faster for 1 minute then walking for 2 minutes. After repeating the exercise for 3-minute interval and 5 times fat-blasting workout for 15 minutes is the basic. In fact, it is quite simple but much more effective.
HIIT has proven benefits…
- Burn More Fat: During a HIIT workout, intense exertion will kick body’s repair cycle into the hyperdrive. You would burn more fat and calories after a HIIT workout within 24 hours.
- No Equipment Necessary: Biking, Jump Roping, Running, Rowing and many others are effective for strengthening the body. There is no need for equipments to make the HIIT workouts. In fact, the HIIT workouts focus on pushing your heart to the maximum strength and not your biceps.
- High Knees
- Fast Feet
- Jumping Lunges
- Build a Healthier Heart: Most of the people do not like pushed into the Anaerobic Zone where you can’t breathe. HIIT extreme training produces extreme results. According to a recent study, after 8 weeks of HIIT workouts, the individual can bicycle twice as they could before the study maintaining the same pace.
- Lose Weight, Not Muscle: Steady-state cardio exercises encourage muscle loss. HIIT workouts and weight training allow the dieters to preserve hard-earned muscles.
- Increase Metabolism Rate: HIIT stimulates with higher production of the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) up to 450 percent after the workout. HGH is responsible for increasing the caloric burn and slows the aging process thus making your younger.
Results Can You Expect from HIIT
High-Intensity Interval Training would help you to accomplish 2 important goals
- Accelerates fat loss
- Improve Aerobic and Anaerobic endurance
HIIT produces very fast results within a short time and gained wide popularity in the bodybuilding community.